Program for year 2013:
Ave Maria - J. S. Bach, J. Pachelbel, D. Buxtehude, G. F. Händel, W. A. Mozart, A. Vivaldi
Aleluja - J. S. Bach, W. A. Mozart, J. Mysliveček, F. Schubert, D. Zipoli
Andante - J. S. Bach, W. A. Mozart, J. Clarke, F. Schubert, G. Ph. Telemann, Ch. H. Rinck
Magnetificat - J. S. Bach, F. Schubert. G. F. Händel
||CZK 490||€ 19,6|
|Students and children od 10 - 15 years
||CZK 300||€ 12|
|Children up to 10 years
||free of charge|
Today’s Church of St Nicholas is one of the most valuable Baroque buildings north of the Alps. Construction lasted approximately one hundred years, and three generations of great Baroque architects – father, son and son-in-law – worked on the church: Kryštof Dientzenhofer, Kilián Ignác Dientzenhofer and Anselmo Lurago. The Jesuit Thomas Schwarz built the small and main organs as well as many others in Bohemia.
Built in 1745-47, the main organ has over 4,000 pipes up to six metres in length. W. A. Mozart played this organ during his stay in Prague as a guest of the Dušeks. The Church of St Nicholas is a superb example of High Baroque architecture, a building that astonishes visitors with its size and monumental interior. As the most prominent and distinctive landmark in the Lesser Town, no panoramic view of the city would be complete without its silhouette below Prague Castle.